In short – yes! We’ll take your existing lighting setup, run an audit on your current usage, and install more efficient lighting. This action is guaranteed to lower your electric bill.
- Potential for lower utility costs. A retrofit usually will include a switch to lower-watt bulbs, and switching to low-wattage bulbs doesn’t mean you have to skimp on light quality. Find out how here.
- Improved quality of light. This does not necessarily mean brighter light. Many people are under the impression that new LEDs or florescent bulbs will mean much brighter light, but it doesn’t have to be bright if you desire a more subtle lighting presence.
- A better customer experience. Many of our clients’ businesses have benefited from the new and improved look of their store or shop. Some say that their products stand out more, and others say that the colors are more vibrant – which is especially useful in businesses that depend on colors (think paint suppliers, car dealerships, carpet and floor installation shops, boutiques, hair and nail salons, etc)
- The ability to call yourself a “green business”. We will help to spread the word that you have taken the steps to become a more energy efficient business – a move that benefits all of us and our future on Earth.
Unfortunately, there’s no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. The amount of your rebate is dependent on many factors: the size of your business, the number of lights you have/need, the type of products and supplies, etc. Here are some rebate examples of recent projects:
- Star Bright Cleaners: 87% of the total cost was covered by the rebate incentive
- Isleta Self Storage: 40% covered
- Dearholt Auto Care: 64% covered
- Mario’s Pizza (San Pedro): 97% covered
- Albuquerque Restaurant Equipment Builders: 89% covered
- Academy of Trades & Technology Charter High School: 36% covered
Through the PNM Quicksaver program, you may qualify for rebate assistance on an efficiency retrofit. We will do an energy audit for you, breaking down the details of your current energy usage as well as the benefits you will see after the retrofit installation. Give us a call at (505) 508 – 1085, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you’re interested in determining whether your business is eligible for a rebate.
Yes, we are fully licensed, insured and bonded. Our license number is 376757.
The warranties available vary among manufacturers, but we only use and sell products that offer a warranty.
The amount of time for the complete retrofit project can vary by the size of your facility and how many lighting fixtures you have. We estimate that it can take between 20 and 30 minutes per light fixture.
No, we do not require any payment in advance or money down. A bill will be generated upon completion of the project. We prefer checks, but if you would prefer to use a credit card, we might be able to work with you.
Of course! We may just have to shut off some of your lights temporarily. There’s typically about 7 or 8 fixtures on a switch which will simultaneously be turned off. If you have plenty of windows or skylights, this shouldn’t interrupt the normal functions of your business. However if you have a small space and only have a handful of lights then it might be dark for a few hours. We do try to work quickly though to get you fully back up to normal. Yay for desk lamps!
Also: If your project is anticipated to take more than a couple days, we have a customizable self-standing sign that we can place next to our “construction area” to help inform your customers what’s going on.
Here’s an example:
Just request it when you ask for your estimate!